Anchorage Drain & Sewer Services
Sewer & Drain Company near Anchorage, AK
At Drain Masters, our technicians clean, clear, and replace secondary drain lines (interior branch lines) and main lines (sewer lines). We pride ourselves on our ability to repair, replace and rehabilitate lines with minimal invasion and disruption.
Our state-of-the-art camera equipment allows us to inspect pipes to accurately determine exactly what is wrong with a drainage system. When replacing a line, we use cured-in-place pipe rehabilitation techniques to create a brand-new pipe inside of an existing corroded or degraded sewer line. This technique rarely requires invasions such as excavation or large trenches, which in turn means that your lawn, driveway, and concrete slabs are protected, and you do not need to worry about shutting down your business or inconveniencing a tenant.
Contact Drain Masters today to see how our technicians can help you by calling (907) 268-4557 or filling out our online contact form. Problem solved!
Sewer & Drain Services We Offer:
- Drain Cleaning
- Drain Repair
- Septic Pumps
- Sewer Camera Inspection
- Frozen Pipes
- Trenchless Sewer Repair & Replacement
- Sewer Repair
- Sewer Main
Are there specific issues with sewer and drain systems in Alaska?
- Freezing Temperatures: Alaska experiences extremely cold temperatures, especially during winter. This can lead to freezing and solidification of wastewater and drainpipes. Frozen pipes can cause blockages, backups, and even pipe bursts, leading to significant damage and costly repairs.
- Frost Heave: Frost heave is a phenomenon where the ground freezes and expands, causing the soil and infrastructure above it to shift and rise. This movement can disrupt sewer and drain lines, causing misalignments, leaks, and breaks.
- Permafrost: In many parts of Alaska, the ground is covered with permafrost, which is permanently frozen soil. Constructing and maintaining sewer and drain systems on permafrost presents challenges due to the stability of the ground and the potential for thawing or shifting, which can damage or disrupt the infrastructure.
- Thawing and Spring Runoff: When the snow and ice melt during the spring, it can result in large amounts of water flowing into the sewer and drain systems. The increased volume of water can overwhelm the capacity of the system, leading to backups, flooding, and potential sewage overflows.
- Remote Locations: Many areas in Alaska are remote and inaccessible, making it challenging to access and service sewer and drain systems. This can lead to delays in repairs and maintenance, as well as increased costs for transportation and logistics.
- Environmental Considerations: Alaska's pristine environment and sensitive ecosystems require special care when it comes to sewer and drain systems. It's important to prevent leaks, spills, or contamination that could harm the surrounding natural resources, wildlife, or water bodies.
We Put Our Customers First!
We don't just work here, we live here too! We're happy to service Anchorage.
Can Sewer Pipes Freeze? How to Prevent Freezing Pipes:
Water inevitably freezes as the temperatures drop, so it makes sense your sewer pipes can freeze as well. Temps under 32 degrees Fahrenheit will freeze water so if you have water flowing through or trapped in your sewer line, it will freeze the sewer pipes. When the water freezes and expands, it has nowhere to go and can potentially crack or damage your pipes leading to leaks.
Preventing Your Sewer Line From Freezing:
- Locate the shut-off valve in your home. If your pipes freeze, you can shut off the water.
- Properly insulate your pipes in preparation of winter.
- Make sure your water heater is working properly and set the temperature a few degrees higher during winter.
- During extreme cold, it’s a good idea to keep your water running so that water doesn’t stagnate and freeze.
- Remove snow from around your sewers and drains.
If your pipes freeze during winter, contact the skilled plumbers and drain technicians at Drain Masters. You can also call us at (907) 268-4557! Our sewer and drain company near Anchorage offers reliable sewer line repairs and replacements.
“If there’s a book on transparency, courtesy, and expertise, Drain Masters AK wrote it.”- Marcus P.